Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
geoffreyculbertson

Some suggestions on how to get out of your head... Empty Some suggestions on how to get out of your head...

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:34 pm
...Recontexulize what you see as your ´head´...What you consider to be your ¨ḧead" is fundemetnally a STRESS RESPONSE, not a place of sanctuary. To come in contect with something outside of yourself, or to be affected by it and to affect it, furthermore, what we might call a union or communion of subject and object, puts in to question what you have come to understand as your ´self.' This is a terrifying realization for the cognitive mind. To LOSE YOURSELF for a brief moment is permitted in our cultural, especially if you are intoxicated or having sex, or both, however, to lose youself for any extended lenght of time is the taboo of taboos. To get out of your head is no small thing. To get our of your head is to be a traitor to the part of yourself whose secret wish is to be small. to get OUT of yourself, is to GET OVER YOURSELF...You must disobey the thinker, your potential lives outside of its embrace/prison...spread your wings and leave the nest.

The thinker arises to create a fog around your sense perception to dull your awerness of the expanse of possibilty. What you call your ¨head¨ is an invented phychic force field of small-self reinforceing mantras that infantilize and calcify you. Every thought is a small kiss of death from an internalized devouring mother or a shame inspired blow from an internalized tyrranical father.  To get out of your head it is important to understand that there is a world outside of you..AND it is the thing you are looking for. Understand it, believe it, apply it...A reminder for some of us and an introduction for others.

Shannonigans likes this post

Jonmenick

Some suggestions on how to get out of your head... Empty Re: Some suggestions on how to get out of your head...

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:55 pm
This is mandatory reading for any actor.
geoffreyculbertson

Some suggestions on how to get out of your head... Empty Re: Some suggestions on how to get out of your head...

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:10 pm
Thanks Jon. This was a very vulnerable stream of consciousness post. A cry from the gut. Articulating this put me in contact with a deep block yesterday and your affirmation means the world to me🙏🏻
Chris Fuller

Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:46 am
You have hit upon one of the things I struggle with to get though. Now I know I am not the only one.
au1952j

Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:59 am
Holy Cow! You could take this post and teach a course for years on the different aspects addressed in it. The intimate details you reveal are truly profound. Thanks Geoff!
laurenrivas

Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:25 am
This is so CLEAR and DIRECT. A talent you posses seemingly effortlessly. I envy that, as I am a self proclaimed rambler/chatter box.
This was one of the most relatable things I have ever read, in reference to calling it a stress response. It's like the idea of feeling comfortable/safe/'good'/
enough with yourself/myself to let go is wrong, or that if you do somehow accomplish it- it won't last. Self small reinforcing. I don't think I've ever heard that term but I really resonated it with.
Thanks for this post!

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum