Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Dipping, dipping, dipping. Empty Dipping, dipping, dipping.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:58 pm
In class I have found that I am accomplishing things I didn't even know I needed to accomplish. I have found that I was finding objects in my drawer that I didn't even know was there. These objects weren't invoking a emotional response, but that is ok. I see how Jon is building up each step as we go.

One thing I will need to ask by the end of class is at what point do we start using in our process with a audition. I am still working with process in this. I have a general idea of the process, but will need to work on it more.

I am seeing how this can open up your creative mind.

In class Jon had us go into our childhood bedroom, and look in one of our drawers. Just like last time he wanted us to find anchors, draw them as fast as we could. Then ask ourself's "I wonder what I see of my anchors", then look in the other spaces to see what we discover.

Just trust yourself, and don't bullshit. Also don't over think it. It will come.
Jonmenick

Dipping, dipping, dipping. Empty Re: Dipping, dipping, dipping.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:59 am
Process is not like a screwdriver. It is not something you use. What it does is build your imagination and give you insight into choice that springs from a non-cognitive place. Just be patient, Grasshopper.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum