Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
joycewood

fuzzy drawer to JB Empty fuzzy drawer to JB

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm
Jon started class tonight leading us through a series of relaxation exercises using imagery till we were almost in a sleep state -from curled up as child to floating on a raft in a pool - this really helped calm me down
Next Jon told us we were going to go to a bedroom and a drawer
we were asked to sketch our bedroom putting out right finger near our temple and saying I wonder what I see
so all together we outlined main objects/anchors in our room
Then as a group we all put our fingers to our temple gently
and said I wonder what I see and quickly sketched inside a drawer -very busy not thinking -making crazy scat sound
so our cognitive wouldn’t take over and let 3 anchors appear
we did it for 90 seconds
then Jon said stop
then one by one Jon guided us -
again we put our right finger to our temple and said I wonder what I see -and then we each were to sketch the anchor points in our drawer and he would stop us and let us describe our experience as they unfolded in front of us

Jon‘s notes in tonight‘s class -we picked things up , touched them, smelled them - we did this without hesitation - image streaming takes on a life of its own - so we just need to go along with it - we are learning how to intercourse with things -again illuminate expectation because that’s the cognitive mind trying to control
I need to stay in the experience if I want to go somewhere - if the cognitive mind is talking to you I can turn around !
streaming could be our number one acting technique -can be used in moments between lines - we just need to follow the imagery
As actors we can image stream in moments -it has a tumbling affect that comes to you and it extends to your moments - this can be creative center but you have to know how to incorporate - you can have a temperature change in the body
it’s effortless when it happens
Really like this Jon note -he called it associative memory -when something else ricochets off one of our memories -and this is streaming!!
also Jon called them -feeling knots
The fact that this has happened to me twice in a similar pattern gives me keen interest in this technique

So in my own experience my cognitive brain was going back-and-forth between two bedrooms -the bedroom I described last week when I was very young (but this one didn't have a special drawer) so I settled in my teenage bedroom -middle school /high school -visually I could remember many things as I sketched three pictures on the first wall (ballet dancers) , my mahogany dresser with big mirror and many drawers but the center section has three small drawers
the window and a canopy bed
When Jon said to find a drawer -I pulled out the top drawer where I kept treasures - at first that drawer stayed fuzzy nothing popped out
I’m very visual and during junior high/high school you saved things -cards, notes, concert ticket stubs , homecoming or dance posters /cards and we were big into writing notes to each other and I went to Catholic school -girls on one side the street boys on the other -our times together were limited so you had to capitalize on them and passing notes was a way to communicate quickly!! I saved special notes
So finally some anchors started to appear a white jewelry box with the gold charm bracelet -then a pile of notes and then a stack of headbands
I described the bracelet with two charms (megaphone and gold monogramed disc) - then Jon asked me to pick up the cotton square that it was resting on and I could see it in my hands and let it touch my nose before I put it back in the box -then I moved to the notes he told me to pick the third one and when I did -I opened it and it said "do you want to dance" and that is when my streaming incident occurred -and I experienced an overwhelming rush of emotion and it was joyful /fun/ exciting because it led to the memory of John Brennan -
Who I had a mad crush on in ninth grade -very cute guy - he was a great dancer /athlete and -he wrote me that note -we had many many dances together
Jon said did you ask him to dance ?
I can’t really remember what I said to Jon’s question because I was still kind of floating -but it was such a special sweet remembrance of that note and then the stream to John B. and then to be flooded with his memory -and again the following day I had the lingering experience in my mind and emotions of feeling that fun crush all over again thinking about John Brennan (RIP) - He was not someone I thought about a lot since HS -but a classmate told me about his passing at a reunion a few years ago in Florida. these little streaming moments end up being quite special

Jonmenick

fuzzy drawer to JB Empty Re: fuzzy drawer to JB

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:56 am
Oh my goodness! It’s such a shock when you hear about friends from HS passing. Especially those you had a crush on!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum