Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

The great outdoors. Empty The great outdoors.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:42 am
In Wednesday's class, we were to do our work on experiencing the outdoors. I had done what Jon asked us to do, and stood out side for fifteen minutes. From all my years of being outdoors the sense memory I have had is good. I can feel the warmth of the sun, the breeze blowing over me.

I did not get to go tonight. This is fine because I got to watch others go. People forget that there is alot you can learn from watching others. These exercises have taking on a new dimension for me. They have helped me understand the method. I could see with some of the people that went, you could tell when they were really there.

With what Jon is teaching us how to us this in our work. It should have that 3rd dimension to our work. You should really be their. Even if the environment is 180deg from were you want to be you can get there. It also has the bigger effect of putting you in the state of belief you need to be in to do the work.

This is something that as I start to get I am working with more and more. I used to ask the question of how do you build sense memory. Now I know I had it all along.

madelaine446s@gmail.com likes this post

laurenrivas

The great outdoors. Empty Re: The great outdoors.

Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:26 am
You are always so incredibly supportive of others when they are working, Chris! Thank you!
I missed you guys
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum