Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
au1952j

Not Seeing Is Believing Empty Not Seeing Is Believing

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:47 pm
So I am in an epic battle with my brain to stay in the moment. Staying in the moment for me means you must be completely unguarded and free of any calculated concerns about presentation or appearance. This state of being is the complete opposite of my theater training and believe me it is hard to let go of. Sitting on my back porch trying to simply be present and at peace with all my senses while being acutely aware of them at the same time requires a focus and concentration I have really never had to call up from such a deep place. Soft focus has never been a friend of mine but hyper-critical examination and observation of myself have been with me for decades and sometimes these traits have even been rewarded. However, I don't think I'll be getting any gold stars for them this class. LOL. So once more unto the breach dear friends - or rather unto the back porch to sit for 15 minutes and attempt to just "be." I am convinced from our previous work that my true artist self will thank me for those 15 minutes of freedom from the tyranny of self judgement.

madelaine446s@gmail.com likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum