Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
joycewood

let things settle Empty let things settle

Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:17 pm
John started class with relaxation exercises to get us in a calm state. In our exercise we were asked to sketch an elementary classroom with anchor points using our quick scat drawing but not as aggressively and loud as previously .
we all began at the same time - Jon didn't specify a time limit as in previous exercises -afterwards he told us to
sit in a desk and sketch that - find things inside the desk and sketch the anchors inside -again in a quieter scat frenzy -
then one by one and in present time, each shared their experience in their room and desk
Jon noted to keep it in present tense as if we were there in the moment back in our elementary school classroom sitting at our desk (tap into all senses)
I'm starting to feel the difference between being in past tense and present tense -you can see it in peoples reactions and just get a feel of when someone is in present time experiencing the moment

I was able to settle in a third grade elementary classroom -my cognitive mind was bouncing around at first trying to figure out what classroom - My Dad was transferred due to work, so I went to a couple different elementary schools ,but I settled in a Catholic elementary school -I was able to sketch from left to right -the door, blackboard with the chalk tray and a clean piece of chalk very smooth sitting on the top tray behind the teachers desk, the teachers desk . and then to the right there’s a wall of windows with 4 sections and three big windows in each with an aluminum crank handle to open -and outside a grassy lawn and then the back wall was blank-
when I was sitting in my wooden desk and looked inside I saw a notebook -denim like with silver rings - things stalled for a bit and then I saw a plastic pencil bag with a zipper- then a pink eraser about 3 inches long came into view -it had STANDARD on it - the desk was neat and organized- then I could see my lap -my blue uniform skirt with no wrinkles at my knee and flying over the side of the desk
my desk was near the windows and then something came later - a blue hand writing journal -we practiced our cursive writing daily and I took pride in my handwriting -I could see my capital W’s -didn’t appear at first it came later - I was sitting near the windows and there was a lot of light -the other side of the room was darker as there were no windows
This technique is starting to have a rhythm to it - I notice the cognitive brain throwing out ideas and also notice how I settle down and wait a bit for surprises to appear, when things hit that are from my subconscious it just feels lighter/easier - and of course when those streaming moments happen !! Things go to unpredictable places

Jonmenick

let things settle Empty Re: let things settle

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:34 am
It’s starting to happen for you. I am going to work you guys on sensory triggered imagery. This will help you to leave cognitive memory even better.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum