Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Unclench your butt hole. Empty Unclench your butt hole.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:16 pm
I normally wouldn't post till tomorrow, I give myself time to process everything that we work on. But tonight I had one of my more powerful realizations. I have been making a lot of good progress in this class. One thing I have understood is the power of trusting myself. As we are going deeper with this work, I am hitting new things I have to understand to move on. I tonight's class I have to face an old block. Me "overthinking" this. As we were going I could see some of the students were having great success. As Jon was explaining what he was seeing and liking, I could feel my self putting pressure on myself. I started thinking what if I am not doing this right, what if I can't do this. That is when I somehow made myself see though this. I just started bringing myself down to remember I can do this. The thing with this I had to remember what Jon has said a thousand times "you are enough". He also has said "unclench your butt hole". I am glad now I didn't go tonight. I would brought to fruition the very failure I was worried about.

In tonight's class Jon wanted us to get to that final level in our work. To really feel our environment. From that we could start to work in that environment. Something I have to remember is this work effects everyone differently, and I can't worry about what everybody else is doing. As long as I do the work, the results will be real, and from a place of truth. I have a large depository of sensory experiences to work with, from all my time outside. I just have to let myself be affected by it.

There is three part to improv. Objects, environment, character. Jon has said to improv your way into a audition. For  film, and TV  This gives you a way in to the work.

Jon has talked about naming your blocks. I don't know if I found one or not. If I have Jon you have the right to name it.

I almost had a setback tonight, but turned it into a chance to learn.

Last edited by Chris Fuller on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
au1952j

Unclench your butt hole. Empty Re: Unclench your butt hole.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:53 pm
Brutally honest and deeply felt - what great art is made of! Thanks Chris.
Puma Daniel

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:48 pm
Chris, reading that last sentence hit me so hard! Turning our challenges into chances to be better is such a hard thing to do in life (in my limited experience). I also overthink things a lot, and sometimes it can be hard to see other people flourish at the things we want to flourish at also and not let it get to our head. I am so ready to see your environment tomorrow though!!!

madelaine446s@gmail.com likes this post

Jonmenick

Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:46 am
Risking being a fool for an actor is a requirement.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum