Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Puma Daniel

Objects, Environment, and Who You Are. Empty Objects, Environment, and Who You Are.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 pm
Well guys, it finally happened. The title of my post doesn't make your mouth dry while reading it. "Improv Day 3!". Psh. What was I thinking? Any who, yesterday was day 7 of class and we went over some really important fundamentals. Honestly, until Monday, I didn't fully understand the significance of the environment exercise. Yes, we need it to connect with scenes location and experience the heat correctly (lol you'd think we would know how to do that already), but its bigger than that. We HAVE to ask ourselves where we are and really feel as if we're there.

Yesterday we talked about how improvisation is like free falling, the three core concepts to improv, and how you actually have to experience the location you're imagining and make it your reality. My only wish is that I could see inside everyones head. It bothers me more than I thought it would that I will always have the picture in my head of what everyone described, but I will never really see what it actually looks like! I am also very excited to see everyones impressions tomorrowwww! I also know that my nerves will be through the roof when its my turn, so Jon don't pick me first please haha. I would like to put this out here now so I don't need to say it on Wednesday, I am very happy with the person I have chosen to impersonate but the scene I chose is not the best example of who she really is. I think its funny and everyone will enjoy it, but now that I've settled with it I think my sub conscious chose a safer scene with less facial expressions and talking so I would have a lower chance of embarrassing myself. Looking back on it now, I can't change it and I definitely am not playing ti safe next time, because I don't want to ease into this class. Im more of a jumping in type of person. So anyways, I just wanted to say Im going to try to make the most of the thirty second scene and act it the best I can. I am just so ecstatic that the people in my first class are so humble, and I feel welcomed enough to do a harder scene my next opportunity.

Enough about me sorry I got off track there!!! You guys are probably tired of hearing me talk (or reading I guess). Jon, thank you for another joyful class and thank you to my classmates for tolerating my inexperience! Cheerio.
Chris Fuller

Objects, Environment, and Who You Are. Empty Re: Objects, Environment, and Who You Are.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:48 pm
NEVER STOP TALKING! get everything out. I had to learn that the hard way 20 years ago. Also you are not the only one that will be nervous. In our society we have this pressure to be perfect. I am, though this program learn it is O.K. to fail. It is part of the learning process. Just remember you can beat most of the actors out their in your age range because you will be relaxed to the point were you will be able to do the work.
madelaine446s@gmail.com

Objects, Environment, and Who You Are. Empty Re: Objects, Environment, and Who You Are.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:16 am
Una, I am personally proud of how you're doing and so responsible and all being your first class, age and such. I very similar to this actress in the show "Unbelievable" with Toni Collette. I legit considered it might be you, before I heard you say your were newer at this. I'm kinda glad everyone is on here being vulnerable, I'm relating to all these nerves and second guessing. I almost changed my scene too, but it's from Erin Brockovich movie, and Julia Roberts doesn't fidget or not look ppl in the eye. She tells off this guy with such steady boldness, lol.
Jonmenick

Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:30 am
It’s not the best thing to do a scene of an actor’s work, but rather study the actor in an interview, being themselves.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum