Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ahobbs

Dreams - Part 1- Recurring Empty Dreams - Part 1- Recurring

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:58 am
Dreams – Part 1

We are going to work on recurring dreams first.
So far we have streamed on something which we had experienced and we have only dealt with objects and senses.
When we stream for character it will always be done in 3rd person so that we can create some empathy for them. We are not sitting in their shoes. We are observing. We will sit in a power position and feel most emotions.
We are going to get more abstract.
We need to fully immerse ourselves into the character’s world.
We need to get to the heart of things.
When we work we must be able to do it quickly.
We need to get textured, layered and deep from another world.

We were instructed to notice how each person was doing the exercise and to close our eyes and follow along and see if we could see what they were describing. Frankly I couldn’t hear most people, although I had my sound up as loud as it would go. So I’ve found my headphones to use next time.

DO NOT SKIP A STEP
1. Breath and Relax
2. Tell the story of our dream
3. Breath and on exhale bring right finger to temple
4. Say “I wonder what I see” Close eyes.
5. Use a soft focus and wait until mind settles on a panoramic view
6. Take a snapshot (freeze frame) of the view.
7. Take a breath and on exhale say “Project me into the image” – open eyes a slit.
This should put me in like a camera/eye into a place where I’m in a power position to see everything. Remember I am not me – I’m a 3rd person just watching and reporting.
8. Sketch with my right hand from left to right, near and far, using both hand motion and vocal sounds. Do this from the camera’s point of view.
9. Verbalize as the witness experiences in this space all the senses (sight, sound, smell, touch and taste). We are not telling the story but experiencing.

HOLD IT

It is all about context
We are anonymous witnesses describing the environment and then moving around in the space
The witness is in the dream.

I will get my turn to work on Thursday.
Jonmenick

Dreams - Part 1- Recurring Empty Re: Dreams - Part 1- Recurring

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:34 am
Yes, headphones will help you hear better! Thank you for that reminder.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum