Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

O dear lord.... Empty O dear lord....

Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 am
Dear God where do I start. Tonight's class is one of those classes were you just try to hold on for dear life. At this stage of the class Jon has us looking into our dreams. Now I didn't know exactly why we were doing this, but I knew that it is talking us somewhere. And I found out tonight. I have had good process in this work when we started, as we went forward I could see Jon wanted us to get more out of it than I did. I now am getting what he had talked about in blocks and fears. At first I didn't quite know what he wanted us to achieve. I knew he wanted us to be effected by our environment. I was in there describing the environment or vision we were in. I wasn't actually experiencing it.

In this exercise We worked with our dreams. Mine was a bit weird "I know furnaces are a weird dream". When I had it I wrote it down. I could remember though the feeling I got from it. It was fleeting but I remember feeling serious. I didn't know what that would feel like. I was telling people about the place I was in, but I actually wasn't putting myself there. Jon pointed out I was describing the place because that was what I was comfortable with. To be honest. I really didn't know the words to describe just what I was going though. I now know some of what Jon is asking for.

Other thoughts...

Geoffrey pointed out something tonight that is spot on. I understand it intellectually , but have not experienced it yet. This one of those things that you don't get till you get it.

Jon talked about sense streaming, I have taken that before. This was another lesson to be taught from tonight. I love being outdoors. riding my bike is one way I connect to the environment. I can feel the sweat on my skin, I the heat of the sun, etc,etc. This only goes so far if you don't let it in. I can feel those things from a cognitive side. You can feel those things but they don't effect you. You have to be there,and let it in.

Tonight I think I found out some things about my self. I don't quite know how to say it, but this was a big class for me, I hope Jon you don't mind holding us back some so we can keep working on this. You could always teach image streaming two in the fall.

This work will make any scene real to you and felt.

P.S. I wanted to get as much of this down as I could while it was fresh in my mind.
Jonmenick

O dear lord.... Empty Re: O dear lord....

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:19 am
There are so many tall buildings to climb for an artist. You can be artistic and not n\be an artist. Being an artist requires enormous commitment and focus. I always say “you are enough,” Keep plugging.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum