Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

This makes sense now. Empty This makes sense now.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:24 pm
Tonight's class has opened up more understanding to what Jon is teaching us.

He pointed out that we have been conditioned to use our visual sense more than the others. Tonight's exercise showed us that. When we started Jon had us get relaxed, and then gave us a series of things to work with (I don't know how you would want me to describe them). As I started the work I found out one of the lessons Jon has taught us. My mind wanted to jump right into images based on what he said. Jon had told us to close our eyes and our minds eye. That way we gave a chance for our senses to work. During this work I missed out on some of the examples Jon was giving us because my mind was fighting me. I did get to do some of the examples Jon did when I got my mind under control. One that worked for me was a cool breeze. I feel that every time I take my long ride on Saturday. One thing though, my mind wanted to immediately show me a image. I was able to push it out, and let other senses in. I was able to get a feeling too. One thing my mind didn't want to do was show me a narrative when we did this.

I got the some big lessons from tonight. When we do this work we need to use all five senses. Why would we limit our self's to one. Don't let your minds eye show you things before you are ready.

Sensation can be a sense.

When we are streaming, we want to dimensionalize the work.

When we dream most of us don't remember the dream much less the the senses.

On a good note I tried a new way of sense streaming. After class I go outside to get a little exercise after class. When I went I wanted to try sense work, this time I did something a little different. I actually let it come to me. I found when I focused on the environment it quieted my mind as I walked. I used my hands to follow the sounds I was hearing. I can see now I was hearing stuff all the time, but I would be on autopilot, and not really taking time to let it in.

I see the importance of our senses to finding character.
Jonmenick

This makes sense now. Empty Re: This makes sense now.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:32 am
So glad you found the sounds. Keep working it.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum