Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
joycewood

stream a new story  Empty stream a new story

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:05 pm
Jon started class with notes on streaming -
so we can use it as a prelude to acting and we will come out with a vulnerability and open sense ability without trying -we will have layered countenance and our character will be infused
in streaming allow symbols to reveal themselves to you - don’t try to feel emotion or create a layer
You become a human when you act
you can bring streaming richness to your work
the witness is the character and the character informs you

We take as much detail in as we can through imaging but more comes during the streaming -new things will appear - allow things to grow -
start with an anchor farthest away
when imaging Jon noted vision is left brain and two dimensional and we must have other senses fueling us - allow them to fill in the space when we stream - we’ve some sense of the environment and then we let our imagination go - it’s not me but a witness to this - will find sensations but we don’t claim things

In our exercise Jon said to start with far away sounds with hands up and sketch
and tell what I’m experiencing now - then open eyes and move to one of the anchors and allow things to occur now - in the moment as she experiences the now - keep separate from me

you can go back to this and use the symbol and what it represents to get you there again
a symbol can be psycho emotional state of character

finding an anchor tricks the cognitive mind and shuts it out and we can explore other things -keeps the cognitive brain at bay-
the anchors give dimension to the space and you can poke around them and explore and find new things in real time

Matt had a great note - be with what comes to you - that registered with me -reach out with all your senses and tap into each sense - all the information hangs on you and you get transformed

So if I understand correctly -when we begin with our eyes closed and we start the image streaming to create the environment we’re going to work in -we tap on our right temple and we say -I wonder what I see -we point out and then we start sketching from left to right the space keeping our hands up in the air is best and adding the little buzzy sound

It’s helpful to create anchors in the panoramic scene -Jon had us go from left to right -then we had to turn around and go to the farthest left and expand the panoramic space -then we also had to turn to the right and expand the space in that direction with whatever came to us

As I watched others work after the image streaming -the next phase was to project yourself into that space and use senses other than the visual and see what developed -As they explored their anchors and spaces verbalizing and reacting naturally authentically - I could feel Annettes panic with her heart pounding - that felt really genuine to me

I finally caught a dream about a week ago which I used and I was able to create a pretty vivid panoramic view with anchors in my image streaming
I didn’t work in this class but I believe - and I want to clarify this -when we get to the second phase of streaming and we put our right finger to our right temple and project our self into the scene -we don’t step back into the dream but we just experience the time/space at the moment -through our senses - and explore out anchors
I was a little confused and thought I had to step back into that dream and go with the flow of that -I’m still not 100% sure about that

Finding this class so strong in
offering solid technique to enrich my acting chops!!!!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum