Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Puma Daniel

Ohhh yyyeeeaahhh Empty Ohhh yyyeeeaahhh

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:24 pm
Wednesdays class was totally awesome!! I mean truly, getting to watch all these actors do their thing for the first time was amazing. For example, Lauren I keep hearing about how you're the prodigy six year student, and after watching your improv and scene I understand the hype! Also Ness your improv was HILARIOUS and Madeline your improv was freaky good. Aside the feeling of intimidation it brings to me, I'm proud to call you guys classmates and friends.

On the 15th we worked on the steps of having a good improv, and watching actors adapt to being a different person. It was interesting to me to watch the differences in how each person carried their character, like with voice or with hand motion. I also enjoyed watching the scene everyone picked, because we had Laurens which was really real and went it deep, and then Ness' lonely Ariana Grande. I can't wait to watch more people!! This is genuine excitement Im feeling right now. What I learned about acting and improv is how to really be ready for what you're about to do. First, we establish where we are and the atmosphere of the place, which will lead to natural reactions in the scene. Next we establish a relationship with our partner without using words. You are getting people to believe it because you can actually FEEL it (exact words by Jon were to SHOW it and not TELL it). Then, as we go on other elements will reveal themselves. Of course putting all these steps into use is much harder than it sounds, I mean getting to the mindset of pretending you're somewhere that you're not is difficult in itself, but getting to the point where its not pretending anymore and you actually feel it is what's hard to me (you might have to read that again sometimes I ramble). I would also like to put it out there to anyone who reads this that tomorrow if I go, there is a high chance my hands will start shaking as that has become a trend when I get nervous in this class lol; we will see what happens though. I am so pumped to continue this work!!

I would like to end this post with some wise words by Jon that were said like two weeks ago, and that is "just show me what you got. Now. Give up want and desire, just allow yourself to get into the show me what you got mindset". So that's what the rest of us have to do tomorrow I suppose. Just show everyone what you got. xx

madelaine446s@gmail.com, Chris Fuller and Jonmenick like this post

Chris Fuller

Ohhh yyyeeeaahhh Empty Re: Ohhh yyyeeeaahhh

Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:27 pm
Uma, I used to get nervous in class too. For me it came from the need to "get it right". That was one of the first blocks I had to overcome. Just like when it is my turn to go, mine might look bad, but that is how I learn. In this art, I feel sometimes we best learn from our mistakes. You will do great , can't wait to see you go. Very Happy
Jonmenick

Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:20 am
Just show me what ya got. Don’t worry. It helps to focus on place first.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum