Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
rosebelleeasthom

Thoughts and reflections and dreams Empty Thoughts and reflections and dreams

Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 pm
So often I just stare at this screen because it’s so hard to describe this class. It’s so abstract but as actors, it’s important to learn how to articulate the abstract.

Thank you Jon, for the suggestions you gave on my most recent post with things to focus on when I find it difficult to stay present during the class. It was enjoyable to allow the other actors to take me into the world of their dreams with this most recent exercise.

We’re at a point now where we’re simply observing and wandering the space and senses of the scene, not the emotional details of the scene itself. I see how important it is to view the dream as an observer and not yourself.

Last night, I had a peculiar dream, at least the bits that I remember, where I was playing some sort of board game with a large group of people, but as I dreamed of playing the game, I also dreamed of the events taking place inside of the game. I can’t remember the details, but the impression of it is still there. I know that it’s only from this mindful practice that I’m able to recall dreams. I say that because although I may feel at times that I’m not going anywhere, I am infact seeing how I’m improving in this abstract practice.

Jon started off the class talking about sense streaming. I sense stream a couple times a week and I find that the meditative nature of the practice grounds me until something sparks some sort of anxiety that makes me less present. It amazes me how fast it all goes away when I focus on senses.

Lately, I feel pressure from extra tasks I need to do for my work. Things that I’m having trouble starting because I’m unsure of direction and implementation. This weighs on my mind and it’s important for me to separate my work from my life, but ugh it’s so difficult - it takes me right out of senses and into my head.

Anyway. Thanks for another class. Looking forward to our time together tomorrow.
Jonmenick

Thoughts and reflections and dreams Empty Re: Thoughts and reflections and dreams

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:29 am
Yes, life intrudes relentlessly. As an artist It is essential to develop a ritual that separates you from tje stresses of life and opens you up. I use Sense Streaming and some physical exercise to get me there. Try to find your routine.

rosebelleeasthom likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum