Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tanyakelley

CLASS RECAP 6/16 Empty CLASS RECAP 6/16

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:47 pm
Day 1 was refreshing. Getting back to class and doing this work with guidance and other actors is so refreshing.

The first part of this class is memory streaming. Streaming acts as the bridge between the conscious and subconscious mind. It gives language to the subconscious. As an actor, we need both sides of the brain to function well and we have to have the bridge across these sides, so the system can work together.

Today we broke down common types of imaging and it was noted that we image about 70% of the time we are awake.:
-involuntary imaging-those images that jump into our consciousness throughout the day
-symbolic imaging-occurs in sleep wake states or in dreams.
-fragmented imaging-done with theme or impulsively
-free-association imaging-done by design
-story imaging-follow a story and logical sequence of events. This is where we fantasize and daydream
-verbalizing imaging-imaging out loud, we have been naming this HARVESTING
-Recalled memory imagery-learned imagery that is recalled with both spacial and physical accuracy
-guided imaging or facilitated imaging-similar to verbalized imaging but guided by someone else

We first got into our state of relaxation and then brought back our childhood room. Taking a deep breath, exhaling. Tapping on our temple stating "I wonder what I see" and then moving our finger forward to the starting point in the room. Then, we traced the room from left to right, naming the main objects as we moved to them. Next, we verbalized the imaging from right to left. Once I verbalized, I found the room became more dimensional. It filled the space fully. The details continued to present themselves as I kept moving. The fingerprints on the wall, the chips in the crib, the tight space, the black keyboard, the candy in the bed, the itchy pastel blankie, the darkness of the room, the smell of baby dolls. All of these details gave me an overall feeling of peace. Quiet. Security. Innocence. These images are warm. My heart feels calm. steady beat.

As I followed with others, I loved experiencing their rooms with them. seeing the initial tracing was very precise but when the verbalizing came, that is when there was more life to it. You could feel the connection, even when it was just subtle.

Tonight was a practice of recalled memory, fragmented, and verbalized imaging.

Looking forward to the next class !!!

PS. Roses are red, violets are blue, Packers are Yellow and Green, and my shirts were too. ....Poetry brought to you by me.
Jonmenick

CLASS RECAP 6/16 Empty Re: CLASS RECAP 6/16

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:22 am
Remember also, that we must take our time to allow the image to form, then, once once formed, allow the other senses to join the image. Good post, Go Pack Go.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum