Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lfawley

Wow - this is really starting to seem relevant Empty Wow - this is really starting to seem relevant

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:45 pm
Let me start this post by saying that my experience with "method" from college was NOTHING like what I am getting from SAC. Today and last week combined were a breakthrough moment for me in terms of understanding how this is all going to be a game-changer for me as an actor. I am starting to see how my sense streaming and the symbols and anchors can help me let a character come to me rather than me trying to become a character. I am looking forward to putting this into practice, to being able to use these tools within the context of a script. In particular, I see this as a way to bring an under-five character to life, to stand out from the crowd, but also in terms of any acting that I do to manage to get to know a character on a more "real" level. What we experience gives us a way to "meet" a character that gives us details about that character that no one else will know.

It's been a week since I "met" those birds eggs in that nest in my image stream, but I can still see them. When I talk about them (I was just talking to my dad today explaining what I have been doing in class) I still reach out and touch them when I talk about them. It's such a REAL experience. And I can get into that image in seconds. The space is as "real" to me as the clearing in the woods that I go to in my meditation. And it is totally accessible to me!

I also liked what we talked about in terms of choice and making the choice that is most interesting. The idea that whatever "strain" we uncover choose the harvest that will make the choice stronger, better, or more powerful.

GREAT STUFF - feeling energized right now!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum