Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Puma Daniel

Cher, my new idol Empty Cher, my new idol

Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:39 pm
Hi people!! So this post is probably going to get off topic, I'll just let you know that right now. The reason for this is because aside from our new homework of finding an opposite gendered actor to imitate, I was also told to dive deeper into Cher and who she is. And WOW I am so glad Jon told me to do this. I thought before my scene that I had done enough already and that I knew all about Cher just because I watch her movies and figured her personality would be similar to the characters she plays (more specifically Tess in Burlesque). So far that assumption has not been completely and totally wrong, but I WAS wrong to think I could successfully do my thirty seconds by only watching one thirty second scene. I'd say we pretty much all knew that wasn't the right move because my scene was shit (when you read that imagine me smiling and laughing about it not intensely downing on myself).
Anyways, the above paragraph pretty much covers my main takeaway from yesterday. Your work will never be as good as it can be if you don't immerse yourself in your character. If all you know about the person you are trying to be is how they act for thirty seconds in an interview, you aren't getting the full picture. I would still think that Cher and I are complete opposites if I wasn't challenge to learn more about her. We actually have some very similar qualities. She's like me in the fact that when we're alone, its just sweatpants and chill time. We both bottle up anger, and can really blow up after a certain amount of time. Aside from when we're at work or on camera, we are both total introverts. I mean, I am one of the most social and smiley type of person when Im in public, but honestly I would just prefer to be in bed doing my thing. Now, don't get me wrong we still have our differences. She is one of the baddest bitches of all time and I am NOT there yet. Did you know she was actually one of the first people to show their belly button on TV? And she didnt fully switch to acting until she was 40.

I really hope my new found knowledge of Cher will help my improv. I am so nervous Embarassed ! Improv is a big challenge for me and so I really hope I will be able to carry her aura with me to create another enjoyable scene like Geoff and Evelyns.

I am so happy that you pushed me to learn more about her Jon!! Thank you.

EvelynLeTeshia likes this post

Jonmenick

Cher, my new idol Empty Re: Cher, my new idol

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:03 am
It’s the prep that counts, not the show. You will be gain from what you invest! Good for you!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum