Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

A lot to take in. Empty A lot to take in.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 pm
Tonight We took our understanding of streaming to the next level. One thing tonight that I discovered is that when we have big lessons like this one sometimes I don't really fail if I don't get it at first. When we started tonight we added one more layer to our work. Really it is the culmination of what we have been learning. In tonight's class we had to have a person in our stream. This was one of the first things I did wrong. My dream didn't have any people in it to begin with, when Jon asked us to work with one, my mind freaked. I did something that you shouldn't do. I let my cognitive mind make a choice instead of letting it come to me. The choice I made was a coworker from a past job. I can see why we don't do that, it was one dimensional. Jon asked us to look though their pockets, once again my choice didn't have anything in their pockets.

After we did this Jon started with with one of us harvesting what they found. As they did their work, a composite of that person emerged. I was amazed at what I watched, the detail that was coming out. Then Jon did something that I will have to master as I go further in this work. He started deriving a story of who this person is, what they were about. This will take time to get good at. I now see what Jon has been getting at with this work. You can now make a character in 3D. It give you the layers you need to make it real.

Jon gave us a workflow with this that shows us what we are doing with it.

Streaming leads us to a icon.

As we dip into the person, we are looking at the conflict.

We are making a reality out of the world we have stepped into.

I can do this, but it will take practice, and a belief in myself.

This is a little to big a concept for me to verbalize, but I do get it. As the time goes by I will have the time to process this.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum