Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Loving it. Empty Loving it.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:31 pm
Tonight's class is one of those classes that gives you hope about your future in this. Tonight is one of the first times that I had to mimic the persona of a person. Jon pointed out to use someone form the actors studio. I picked Bryan Cranston. I watched it, and picked the segment where he is talking about auditioning. Jon didn't want us to mimic a character they do, but the actor themselves. I only got to spend 2 and a half hours working with him. There is a lot to work with.

When I went tonight I did better than I thought I would. Jon gave me two things to work on. Be more defined, and expansive. I got what he said, I just didn't have the best way to deliver. I did get there some. I know on set a director will give us instructions we need to assimilate quickly.

We then started to do improv with each other. With the essence of the actors we studied. Jon wanted us to do 5 things in this improv.

1. Where are you?

2. You have to maintain your character, and make a relationship.

3. Make clear your psycho emotional state.

4. Have a conflict.

5. Have a obstacle.

When we started doing this you could see people were having problems getting some of it. Their is a lot to get. This is also more advanced work. When the second set of people went They did a much better job. I can see that with a little practice you can really go somewhere with this.

You have to be able to do this to make your auditions work.

I can't wait to go next week. I want to have fun with it. Be creative with it.

Last edited by Chris Fuller on Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonmenick

Loving it. Empty Re: Loving it.

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:23 am
You actually inspired me to try a different exercise for Monday.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum