Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chris.evans

The heart of what the process is Empty The heart of what the process is

Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:21 pm
Streaming is the heart of what the process is.  We are to keep a dream journal and we have the steps to not only record the dreams, but steps to invite dreams into ourselves.  I actually took a short nap today and had a nightmare.  I didn't record it but I still have it in my mind because I recalled it as soon as I woke.  

I actually have a question about it: in a lot of ways we are taking a cognitive approach to recalling the drams and documenting it.  Looking to nail down the time, place, objects, relationships, and so on, just as we would with a script analysis.  However, being that this was a nightmare, I had an intense feeling of dread and fear.  It over powered a lot of the finer details and created a feeling of primal instincts.  How do you go about dealing with that?  And is it a good idea or bad idea to pay too much mind to the feelings in a dream?  My gut reaction is to simply note it, "isn't that interesting," and move on.  I do not know if it helps to tie any emotion to it, because you wouldn't tie emotion to a script in that sense.  

There are essentially three parts to a stream:
1. The image (stream)
2. The bridge (going over what you say in more detail)
3. The harvest

The harvest is where things really start to take hold and reveal themselves as powerful or interesting.  Emotions are allowed to seep in and take hold.  You also want to do some sense building while in a stream.  Hold the still image and try to sense it.  Hear it, smell it, tactile response to it.  
Things from class that stuck with me:

*It's not about being right, it's about being in a flow.
*The imagery is what affects you.
*Do no move the still image.  If you can't see something, do not move to see it.

I'm going to do the driving experiment/stream this weekend when I have a free moment.  Can't wait to report back with details and what I have taken from it.
Jonmenick

The heart of what the process is Empty Re: The heart of what the process is

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:27 am
Great to see you again. In terms of your feelings and the dream, the feelings are already attached. There is more there then you KNOW, so just notate without the emotion and get down the elements. When you revisit, you will be open to new feelings from different POV’s.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum