Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
au1952j

Bette and Me Empty Bette and Me

Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:20 pm
So I have now watched many interviews of Bette Davis in many different stages of her life and the one thing that strikes me is that her core personality really didn't change that much over the years.  No matter what age, and after several serious strokes (and a few million more cigarettes), her indomitable personality always shone through.  Some actors are able to transmit that special essence of their being to others - no matter whether in-person or on the screen - and she was one of them in spades.  Since I have never really followed a major actress throughout her career and watched several hours of them talking, the most surprising thing to me has been how I can feel Bette's presence when I think about her now.  I can even hear her answering questions and laughing at the folly of others as she was wont to do in that big, bold, shot-gun laugh of hers.  So I know to be successful as an actress you must fully inhabit your character but right now, Bette is inhabiting me (and she is not even on the planet anymore)!  I am hoping this habitation will translate into a good improve tonight - and may the Force of Bette be with me!

madelaine446s@gmail.com and laurenrivas like this post

laurenrivas

Bette and Me Empty Re: Bette and Me

Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:18 pm
feeling her presence when you think about her..... THAT's the ticket!!!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum