Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Puma Daniel

Improvisation from the Shadows Empty Improvisation from the Shadows

Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi everyone! Tonights class was so. much. acting! It was great to see so many people strut their stuff in ONE CLASS. Personally, I would say this class involved the most work we have ever done, which was awesome. In this post I think that I should be able to offer a different point of view because I was like an observer today.

Although it was not easy to stay quiet for two hours straight, it did give me an oppurtunity to listen and learn a lot. Here is some knowledge I absorbed from tonight!

Five rules of improv:
1. Where are you? Establish the atmosphere. You have to really feel and visualize where you are to successfully portray your character.
2. Maintain your character and establish your relationship with partner without having to literally say "best friend" or something like that.
3. You have to maintain the psycho-emotional state that you are given by Jon before your improv.
4. Let a conflict develop as you go.
5. Finally, create an obstacle that could be like a big surprise at the end!

I think as we do more of this work tonight hopefully our timing, build up, and character identity will be better maintained. As for my work, if I go tonight, you guys gotta cut me some slack because this is my first time going! Very Happy
Jonmenick

Improvisation from the Shadows Empty Re: Improvisation from the Shadows

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am
You always delight me with what you are able to do. Bring it on!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum