Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
laurenrivas

Simple, it's NOT!  Empty Simple, it's NOT!

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:05 pm
So monday I came into class with an attempt to not be so much 'myself' during class.
Trying to hold my icons stuff down, while also participating and being alert in class.
It was, from my point of view, a failure.
My icon is pretty polar opposite my body language, voice, level of interest in others, life experiences, etc.

I could not keep from jumping from the icon, to lauren, to the icon, to lauren.
I could not keep consistency.

In the breakout room, my team had three people... we tried to quickly see what we had the same and what we had different (opposition is key!)
Madeline and I were similar, Mike was different. Our scenario was quickly and haphazardly decided, at my suggestion, and was far too complex of a 'thing'....my fault, it was my suggestion and we had clearly been told to keep. it. simple.
Yep. That was the direction. Clear as a whistle.
We had found a bit of a whole story, which of course was bullshit and silly because we decided upon it in what was probably actually 28 seconds...so it was a panic based elaborate mess. ALSO I was 100% lauren in the breakout room. I significantly lost my work when I was sent to warm up with other actors.
We were not clear on all fronts for our improv, so while focusing on other people working, AND trying to keep my particular muscles for this icon tense, and stay relaxed and ready to go.....still in a mild panic of not knowing exactly how to do it without saying words and we don't even know which one of us is the word using person and-
THEN when it was our turn, we cut an actor. Razz Razz Razz Razz
So then Mike and I quickly change the location and situation, admittedly to a more simple thing, thanks to Mike for picking up ques fast and being flexible- and then I proceeded to just..... cyclops flounder around.... get really frustrated, pale feeling like I just wanted to say I'm not ready! We're not ready! but knowing that would never fly so....blah.
I felt like a less than good improv-partner for Mike but it was nice to try and to gather the lesson.

SIMPLE. SPECIFIC.

It is so muh-huh-huh-haaaaaahuuuhtthaaaaaa fucking hard to be simple.
workin' on it.
See ya soon!

xoxo

Jonmenick

Simple, it's NOT!  Empty Re: Simple, it's NOT!

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:59 am
Be as simple as breathing!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum