Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

A little off topic. Empty A little off topic.

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:37 pm
Tonight's class was really good. Not for so much of what we learned, but what we talked about. Jon started class asking us about where we thought we were in class. I wish I had been able take the time to talk to him about everything I have been learning, it would have taken the hole night. It gave me a chance to reflect on what I actually learned this block. Just like all the other blocks I have been in I have always learned "below the lines", Just like acting their have been lessons taught from what Jon has been teaching us that night, that weren't on the lesson plan. This block for instance I have about the fact that I can do this, "but" I won't be able to hold all the balls in the air like a pro. I always learn so much in these classes, but to paint the bigger picture I know I will have put this in to practice to get it down, and make it my own.

Jon made a statement that I have talked about to him. I have also talked to other people who illuminated how important it is. That is goals, and dreams. I knew going into this that dreams can destroy you. They can hold you back, but goals if used right can help you. Dreams can give us hope, but goals can be accomplished. The trick is to make realistic goals. For example a goal I have to start is making auditions that don't get ejected in the first ten seconds. What makes this a good goal is because of what it accomplishes, for one I know that I am not going to get most of the auditions I get at first. But I can hopefully leave a good impression, that is almost better than getting the job. Because if you can do that, it will hopefully lead to more auditions, witch will lead to getting roles. Each time is a chance to get better. The more work I get could lead to were I want to be, earning my living doing this.

Other lessons I have learned are; not to beat up on yourself, patience, and the big one that I do have a creative ability.

I tonight class we did more of what we did last week. We used one of the students streams to understand character. I fell into the trap of trying to make a story out of it. We want to think symbolically.

I could go on about all I have learned with this, I think I will do better with it than I think. I just need to relax, and go though the steps he gave us. There is so much I have learned that I can't put it down in a post.

I need to remember; "trust in myself".

Jon quote for tonight. "With what he is teaching us we now already know more than 99% of the actors out there".
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum