Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

I hope to God I get this. Empty I hope to God I get this.

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:59 pm
I will be honest this looks like a big step in my understanding of acting. I have herd Jon talk about streaming for almost two years. It almost sounded mystic. Going in and exploring the life of the character you are portraying. I understood some of what he was doing to do this, but I thought will this work for me.

One of the reasons I wanted to take this class wasn't just to become a better actor. I also wanted to see if I could let go, and trust myself doing this type of work. What I mean by that is not over thinking it to death. One thing I am thankful for is never studying acting before coming to this program. One thing Jon has never gotten all over me about is indication. The reason I bring that up is he tells us that we indicate when we are trying to show a emotion that we don't believe. I know from what I have read of method acting that are techniques to get to the emotional state you need to be in. Jon is showing us how to do this by being the character, and knowing them, by going that way it will give you a lot more freedom to go where you need to with the character.

One of the biggest obstacles I have been working with is not over thinking the work, but this has lead to me doing something way dumber. My mind sometimes blanks out when I need to do the work. I know it is somehow tied to me not wanting to plan. Jon talked about this at the end of class. As he said it is one thing to have a image come to your head, just don't work it.

Jon wants us to keep up with our dreams. I can tell you I don't dream much, but this will give me a change to see why I don't. I will be writing them down as I can remember them. I am not saying I never do, but I don't all the time.

One thing I learned with this work is if you do the work it can get you to where you want to be. I have found you might not get it the first time, but there will be many more times.

I can't wait to get into this stuff.
Jonmenick

I hope to God I get this. Empty Re: I hope to God I get this.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:40 am
But you must wait. Waiting and allowing must be your new mantra. It is there, but you have to unbuckle your belt and find that state.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum