Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Take it slow. Empty Take it slow.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:28 pm
Establishing place, and doing a activity. There is so much importance in this. It sounds simple, and the funny part it is. You just have to follow the ideas, the method if you will. I found that even over a zoom session, that you can do this. One thing I found out was that if you take it slow you won't lose you the place or the objects you are working with. As I have said before you have to be able to do this to make it real to you. I like the way Jon is breaking it down into smaller chunks.

Tonight's class started with Jon's instructions being that we work in pairs, and A will show B the place and the activity. The thing is we couldn't talk more than 20 words to tell where we were, or what we were doing. Then we had to use no words to get the place, and finally we had to be able to tell where the others place was. We only had 20 words to tell where they were.

Finally Jon had us mirror our partner. Once again even with the limitations of zoom you could do this if you slowed down. It also doesn't hurt to give a little hint with your body as you start to move.

Things to remember;

It is O.K. to go slow. You will have a easier time doing it if you do.

This is like acting because you can't indicate if you are doing it right.

I found when I was doing it that if I let go of it my objects started falling apart. As long as I stayed focused I could keep my objects. I think I did well tonight.

With practice like this, I will be able to make it a part of my process in on time. I want to be to a point where it feels weird if I don't do it.

Jonmenick

Take it slow. Empty Re: Take it slow.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:09 am
You can only be new in an art once. Enjoy the journey.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum