Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tiffanie

The Cheese Empty The Cheese

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:11 pm
Tuesday night was all about the cheese! using the symbols from the objects help get you to a characters psycho emotional state. It's not about the story line, its about the character. My experience with last nights class was quite different than it was for anyone else, because I was the one streaming and delivering my character to the rest of the group. As I went along in the stream, I trusted Jon's advice which is to never question an object, just go with it. As I rattled off the things laying before the woman I didn't think at all about it. Once the stream was over, I was just blown away by the amount of symbolism that surrounded this character. It was so incredible to watch the class take the information, eat it up and create this woman with the patchwork life. I didn't realize this as I was experiencing her but could absolutely see her that way in discussion. I understood what her psycho emotional state more than likely was and felt confident in how to play her in that scene. I am proud of myself for just trusting and going with it. A deep and grief stricken character emerged from my streaming and I am proud of her. I am excited to see others stream and what is harvested from it. I am also looking forward to using this in combination with a script and just see what evolves. I thoroughly enjoy this work. It has become sort of a zen space for me rather than a stressor which I never would have imagined it to be. Keep on streaming!
Jonmenick

The Cheese Empty Re: The Cheese

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:33 am
Stream on, my friend!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum