Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
joycewood

connect with her core Empty connect with her core

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:07 pm
So tonight we had the chance to watch Tiffany stream and she gave us a young woman rich with interesting details and some contrast
- wrote lots of notes, then when we were in our groups I held back a little bit because I wanted to not jump to conclusions- tried to reflect a little bit and see if some things came to me
this piece was a little bit different from our one the previous class -with the Meyer Campbell situation and the young 12-year-old girl
With this piece we didn’t really try to piece together a story line but we paid more attention to the archetype qualities she was exhibiting
Lots to reflect on -in the garden , two in the afternoon, hot, wearing strappy sandals that could’ve been used to hike or climb, then she had a handmade corduroy headband, hair pulled back, no make up, sun zodiac tattoo on her back,
she had been sweating ,hadn’t taken a shower but her hair smelled clean, dirt on her cheek ,apron tied around her neck with a pattern of strawberries, cargo shorts for tools, 4 inch scar on her neck which didn’t look totally healed and it appeared she tried to hide it with the apron
Big note about the scar - it seemed to bother her physically and mentally -she tried to cover it with apron
she had pronounce calves but rest of her body smaller -they didn’t fit the rest of her body - she smelt like sweet sweat herbal essence fruity factory smell not natural
Had a flat black smooth rock, the dog whistle and key rings with Jesus saves ,black letters , hanky white dirty brown initials KM unraveling
all musty crinkled, she was kneeling -trying to steak tomato plants -trying to find peace in the garden -this is her faith space - she’s not happy but the space heals her -
Tiffany felt the genre was a drama mystery family - she’s alone in a community garden looking off past the tomato plant

so tonight Jon noted for us to not worry so much about putting a storyline together but put the elements that appear into a theme - looking for an archetype -some of the elements which were symbolic wer - getting the tomatoes to stand up straight, sun on her back ,she was sweating ,, kneeling, pumpkins and strawberries represent living things but they don’t last long, her calves are solid good foundation, the hanky represented a sense of things unraveling
Jon noted look for contrasting layers - example int he strawberries and tomatoes don’t last but her calves were solid
the garden could symbolize where creation is starting -perhaps she starting over after a crisis in her life -she feels in control while gardening it is therapeutic -
Again important to pinpoint her archetype -get to her core and synthesize this essence/vibe -then try to minimize this into 1-2 words

we felt that maybe she was trying to work a penance out or find redemption for something that occurred - she's sweating, kneeling in hot sun, trying to fix tomatoes

looking forward to adding this element/process to my character development and curious about how it will feel.

I definitely sense the essence of the characters we've been analyzing and can visualize their qualities /energy /vibe
probably feels really good (full, alive) to acquire a new layer - I sense it would give strong direction and something to react to in the space I’m filling in between lines
Jon noted -once you open the Portal and you’re still working on the character, the streaming will come on it’s own
we use streaming to get connected before performing and it doesn't take much time to dip
just experience it and let it come over you
allow your self to receive it

MEdwardsen likes this post

Jonmenick

connect with her core Empty Re: connect with her core

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:42 am
I think you are getting this, by Job!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum