Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
au1952j

Kopy Kattin' Empty Kopy Kattin'

Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:09 pm
So I have to say that I was amazed at how revealing our last class' exercise was when it came to copying someone as exactly as possible while they did a simple task.  My partner was Uma and I was to copy her washing the dishes.  In the brief time I copied her, I feel that I got a delightful glimpse into who Uma was as a person, even though she was doing nothing more than washing the dishes in front of me and not trying to convey any sort of emotion or indication of her true personality.  My past theatre training taught me to begin the character process intellectually by first reading the script. Then, after you have a general grasp of who your character is, you begin to build motivations and feelings into your portrayal which usually progress into a physical expression of those two things.  I now know that it can be equally as effective to develop a character starting with the simplest of tasks and, if that task is done honestly and with real purpose, you can then begin to layer more physical activities that will eventually evolve into a character that is real at all levels - not just on a calculated, intellectual one.  Something to strive for in the future!

laurenrivas likes this post

Jonmenick

Kopy Kattin' Empty Re: Kopy Kattin'

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:09 am
Yup, there is more than one way to skin a chicken!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum