Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Puma Daniel

Mirroring on Wednesdays Empty Mirroring on Wednesdays

Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:02 pm
Hi everybody!

Now, when we started Mondays exercise it was very simple, just one person showing what their household chore was and another person copying what they did. Each person had 20 words, and you're trying to drag out the scene as much as possible. I think everyone knows this is NOT how the rules stayed for long. After watching the first pair do their thing I honestly thought this would be easy. I was thinking to myself the words I could use to describe doing dishes already and wondering who my partner would be (by the wy, Jorja I loved working with you!! You have one of the most contagious smiles in the world and every time I look over at you in class you always find something to laugh about and I love that). However, my anticipation was misguided, because Jon did not hesitate to change up the rulebook. He said that each PAIR would now get 20 words and we had to first establish location without words before moving onto the teaching part. Then on top of that, we had to mirror our partner EXACTLY.

Im not gonna lie this activity was actually boatloads of fun. Im sad that class is ending soon because I know there is so much more Jon needs to teach me before I try to get serious in this biz!!

laurenrivas likes this post

Jonmenick

Mirroring on Wednesdays Empty Re: Mirroring on Wednesdays

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:07 am
My pleasure teaching you. I change things up so actors can’t plan.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum