Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
geoffreyculbertson

The Thin Place Empty The Thin Place

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:52 am
The Thin Place:
A term coined by Jon that describes a natural, active and positive psycho-emotional state. It is thin because it is subtle - as in - easy to overlook or dismiss if you are not sensitive to its power. It is the feeling that is produced when the processes of the body are balanced and in harmony. Not to over hype it, but it is the key to unlocking your potential and the universal password for all gatekeepers. It is you at your best. Jon´s class ´Blocks and Fears´ addresses the thin place in more depth with helpful exercises to achieve it.

The seven attributes of your true self

Confident - You have nothing to prove, because you are enough and always have been. LETS GO!!!
Relaxed - If you stop bracing-for-impact, your body will take care of itself. LET GO!
Excited - If you're interested in what comes next, you won't be crippled by what you missed. Be interested.
Receptive - How are you going to respond to another person if you're closed off? Stay open.
Spontaneous - Life is impermanence. Get with it, get free.
Focused - Do one thing at a time. It's all that asked of you. Let God do God, you do you.
Vulnerable - Life hurts, it's OK to be affected.

As an actor, your whole being is your instrument. If you want to play, get in tune.

Hope this helps Smile
geoffreyculbertson

The Thin Place Empty Re: The Thin Place

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:50 pm
Also, disclaimer, this isn´t Menick Canon - just my interpretation of the thin space.
laurenrivas

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:21 pm
It's interesting to me that I will immediately become all of these things when I am working with children,
but when I am auditioning for film/ 'the big leagues' I can't remember to do it!?!?!?
;P
xoxo
Jonmenick

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:35 pm
The term is actually, THE THIN THING, but I love THIN SPACE. Thanks for this!
geoffreyculbertson

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:13 pm
Me too Lauren. Mostly wrote this for my self attempting to articulate what it feels like to be in tune. So often out of tune tho🤷🏻‍�Thanks for replying 🙏🏻.

Thanks Jon. The Thin Thing. Got it 👍🏻
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum