Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Puma Daniel

mi mancherete tutti voi Empty mi mancherete tutti voi

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:31 pm
In honor of our recent exploration of languages, I decided to use an italian title for this topic, meaning "I will miss you all". Since Wednesdays class, I have also found myself constantly going in to different accents during points in my day. Like literally I will be working or babysitting and suddenly im Russian or British. Its really started to spice up my day!! I also watched Despicable Me with some family friends yesterday, and obviously after the minions were introduced I started trying their gibberish language. "BAKA BAKA BANANA" lol. I am so ready for more gibberish work today.

On Wednesday, we went right into gibberish and accents and locations. Starting with our OOGA BOOGA campfire story, I thought it was a blast. I was just really thankful that I introduced that as the monster because watching it come into every part of the story was amazing and hilarious. Moving onto our accent work, I really need to start traveling! Listening to people evolve in their accent AND with the gibberish it became a very hard exercise for me. Luckily its trickiness did not detract from the experience. Even at the end of the class when we were being TAUGHT languages it was a blast. I especially enjoyed Geoffs performances, he killed it every single time and made me laugh without fail. I would also like to share some interesting insight I got into this type of voice work from a movie I watched two days ago, called "In a World". I am sure many of you have seen it, being actors, but basically its about a vocal legend and his daughter who is trying to become like him, a world renowned voice over. I just thought it was really interesting to watch their process during the movie, and comparing it to ours in class. A lot of people, including me, don't realize the hard work that goes into voice acting in the movie really outlines it.

Anyways, I will see you people in the LAST class tonight Sad(. Arrivederci!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum