Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Asked and answered. Empty Asked and answered.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:19 am
Tuesday I wandered how I would do with this. I found out Thursday. For starters Jon has the best way to teach this. For people that have never done this before, you have no idea if you are doing it right. Jon basically starts by telling us what we get is fine for us. Even if we don't get anything. That was what I was worried about. As class went along Jon was "trying to show us the door" so to speak. Something I understood, but didn't have the words to describe it. I knew that people have been able to look into their mind, and see things they had forgot about. For me my mind goes all day with the work I do. When I am on my way home I clear my mind by just enjoying the ride home. I have also found ever since I started riding my bike It really clears my mind.

In class Jon started by telling us that when we do this, our cognitive mind will try to get in the way. He had us start by relaxing as much as we could. When I am in class it relaxes me from just being their. Where we were in our relaxed state Jon asked us to remember our earliest Christmas. When I heard him say that my mind started showing me images of Christmas's I have had. Just like he said I was trying to please my need. He said let it happen, your mind will give up. As I sat their suddenly a image came into my mind. It was a sheet, like a blanket. What made this different was I could taste it. That was new for me. I had never had that happen before. I have images come to me all the time. Even when my imagination is going wide open, my other senses don't come in. The funny part is this stuck with me all the way though class. This must be a memory from my past.

This type of work leads to so many things. I could go on, and on about it. As we were going though the class I didn't have the words to describe what I was learning, but as Jon said don't try to process it now just absorb what is going on. He pointed out as our mind processes what is going on, it strips away the emotional part of the experience. Our mind has set up blocks to keep the emotional events from messing with us down the road.

This class has answered something else that I didn't understand about acting. Why when you wanted to get to certain emotions, it could be so hard. Your mind is trying to protect you.

Now doing it the way Jon is showing us should make really easy to do our work. It will be natural, and come from a real place.
Jonmenick

Asked and answered. Empty Re: Asked and answered.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:50 am
That blanket....a breakthrough!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum