Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

To get and to give. Empty To get and to give.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:08 pm
Tuesdays class started showing us the idea of being honest, and I know what we are doing is telling story's. I mean in being genuine with the story we tell. As Jon has giving me a great example in the past, when we were in the commercial improv class, we needed to use a cell phone for one of the sides. As he tells you "USA A REAL CELL PHONE". Why would you lie on camera? This also apply's to improv, if you need to pick up a cookie, actually think about picking up a cookie. We have all done it. It shouldn't be that hard to remember what a cookie feels like or it's size. This is just the beginning, of the work you have to do.

I can already see what the theme of this block is going to be, the two T's Time, and Trust. You don't have to feel rushed when you do this work. Give your self time. Something will come. When I started this program I didn't even think about these type of factors. I can see it is one of the things I will have to explore, and get under my belt.

In class the exercise was for us to use a plate and give a snack food to our partner. We didn't tell them what we had thought about. We had to watch them, and see what they thought it was. When I went I was thinking of a Ritz cracker with cheese on top. I started watching people, and I saw all types of reactions. Some people looked like they where eating popcorn, others string cheese. This goes back to what Jon has said about script analysis. That there is more than one way to live below the lines.

At the beginning of class Jon gave us a couple of exercises to get us ready. First he started with a dill pickle in our mouth. I had just had one Saturday night. I could remember it well. This time though I didn't just process it. I let my senses work with me. I used to think that I had be at some other level to get to this, but as I have found that if I just trust in myself, and give myself time for something to come. And it did.

Jon had us do more of this. To much the same achievement.

Jon this class is working out really well. I know nothing beats being in a class room, but I am still learning things I didn't even know where their.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum