Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
madelaine446s@gmail.com

Mon 6/22 Grub!! Empty Mon 6/22 Grub!!

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm
Hey all! This physical movement with object/ eating was a super necessary teaching for me. I learned how important the actual tasting and therefore smelling of foods are in filming. I can't recall when I've thought this through before, the having to get these senses down that strong/realistically. I love Lauren's chicken commercial story, I would've done the same quite possibly, not knowing any better. I would've quite possibly indicated. I think you have a great chance to get it next time, and a great look and personality. But, yes this wouldn't have been something I thought to master. That tool will definitely pay off, and I need to actively practice tasting foods and pay attention to texture, smell, and tasting and to be able to recall quickly but efficiently in the future auditions.

The steps:
See the plate and lift up to camera
See the actual food
Hold up and smell the food
Pick up and bite into
Truly smell and taste
Pick someone and pick up the food I believe they are eating and taste and smell that.

I remember being too frazzled/nervous of nailing the exercise, or just newness, but I really didn't small and taste throughout any of the taste trials, only first half or second half was able to be super present and legit tasting, etc.. It's frustrating but at least I'm on the way to building sense memory!
Jonmenick

Mon 6/22 Grub!! Empty Re: Mon 6/22 Grub!!

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:47 am
Relax away frustration. It is you being out of balance with the work. The first battle is to be able to accept being wrong without fear, so can stay in the moment. One step at a time.

madelaine446s@gmail.com likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum