Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ahobbs

Tapping into my sub-conscious Empty Tapping into my sub-conscious

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 am
First Classes – June 16, 2020

I have decided I hate both of my laptop computers. The one I’m on now continues to zoom or unzoom at will (not mine) and the one I normally prefer is doing what it did last year just before I had to pay hundreds of $ to have the fan replaced. I probably need to replace it, but I don’t want to have to learn a new operating system, etc. I figure I’m entitled to hate computers since I worked with them since the early 1970s. Therefore I’ve had more time working with them than most people. I really do most things on my phone now except compose things of any length, like this, when I feel more comfortable with a keyboard.

First class June 16, 2020

The class is actually Memory Streaming. Imaging is the first stages of it. Involuntary images jump into our consciousness. We daydream because being conscious most of our time is/would be very painful. Daydreaming creates balance.

Symbols in our dreams mirror symbols in scripts. Symbols unlocked in streaming are our portals into deeper work. They mean something to us. They help us be involved with a character. (see “Symbolic Imaging” in the Class 1 Handout, Common Types of Imaging).

Dreams become clearer just before we fall asleep or just before we wake up. I have always enjoyed the half-awake, half-asleep time just before having to get up in the morning. I use to set my radio alarm to go off about an hour before I needed to get up. Sometimes the radio would gently nudge me half-awake off and on for 30 minutes before the regular alarm went off. During that time I might have multiple dreams or even be able to conjure more of the same dream that I remembered. For the next 30 minutes, I’d repeatedly hit the snooze button. Now I use my phone as an alarm clock --- no radio.

Dreams have fragmented themes or impulsively decide where they are. They don’t have to make sense. This is good – I have often thought what I remembered of my dreams were actually multiple dreams that I had woven into a single thread. They are very fragmented with multiple disjointed themes, places and people. By this point in my life I know that most peoples’ dreams are like this. During these past few months of “stay-at-home mandates” and “safer-at-home directions” I have remembered more dreams than I have in a long time.

We then talked about the Class 1 Handout which had a list of 8 Common Types of Imaging.
Our homework assignment was to begin capturing our dreams. We need to capture a variety of dreams. Jessy sent us a hand-out with directions on how to do that.
About a year ago, I bought a book on Lucid Dreams and the directions in that book are similar to Jon’s handout on capturing dreams.

Invite the Dream – “I will remember my dreams” “I wish to remember my dreams”
Dream Awareness – after waking lie there and take a moment to breath allow dreams to be remembered. Review elements of dream try to feel it with senses (sounds, smells, tactical, etc.)
Time (day or night)
Place – maybe more than 1 or even many
Characters
Relationships – my relationships to the characters
Age – mine
Trace the Dream
Animals
Objects – that we remember for sure
Symbols – these leave us with a feeling –subjective refers to me, objective refers to others
Identify what appears to be strange
Doorways into sub-conscious.

I was able to capture a dream the first night. I got a 2nd one the next night. Another night, I was too sleepy when I woke up to capture it. I think I kept trying to make sense of it, so I just went back to sleep. Since then, I keep forgetting to invite the dream before I go to sleep.

Imaging is not streaming. Streaming is harvesting what we felt.

Exercise- only 2 people got to do the exercise. I did not.

I’m looking very forward to tapping into my sub-conscious. A know from some of my research about the brain that so much more is stored there than we can access. The access keys are, as I understand, are physical biological tissue that are created by repetition. What the brain decided to create keys for, in part depends on how much we attempt to access that bit of information. Otherwise no access keys.

I just read an article that said a persons consciousness continues working after they have died. And there are several studies that indicate that when a person is unconscious during surgery they have feelings about things the surgeon said during surgery.
Jonmenick

Tapping into my sub-conscious Empty Re: Tapping into my sub-conscious

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:27 am
Loved the thing about consciousness in an unconscious or dead state. I’ll have to ponder that.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum