Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tanyakelley

CLASS RECAP 6/23 Empty CLASS RECAP 6/23

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:35 am
Today I was able to start the class with a guided meditation. It was nice to bring some of my personal practice and bring it into the class. I have a very specific visualization I do where I ground roots to the earth and roots to the sky and activate my heart and radiate light. It is a place I start my day from. It keeps me grounded, open and grateful.

Once we moved into class, we started an exercise in the room we were in. As I stood and found the anchor point in the room, I was zooming into it and following the guidance from Jon. Then, dun..dun...dun. My phone overheated and died. My phone is on it's last legs so it was a nice reminder I need to use a different device in class for now. My husband was supposed to be home from a meeting before class started and wasn't able to be here until close to the end, so there were a lot of interruptions for me with my children.  What was great practice for me, was not letting the interruptions completely take me out of my relaxation or focus. I was able to leave and come back. Take some breaths and center.

Our exercise with our first room. Go back to the room. Soft gaze, lightly tap the temple, "I wonder what I see?", take our time. Bring back the room. Once we are there, trace it. Don't guide the images, let them guide you. Trace the big objects of the room. For me, it's a keyboard, a bed, a nightstand and lamp, a crib, a closet, a door. From the first point of view, I find my anchor. I point to it. It is my Raggedy Anne doll. I zoom into her and her button nose. Her cheeks, the round face, the string hair. the texture.  The black trangular eyes. As I move behind her, she is raised up more in the air, like floating. The stitching is more defined in back. The red string hair looks like it is framing an empty face. We move down to the bed. We are sitting on the  bed together. About the same size. She is on my left. Other dolls are next to her. The light is brightest to the left from the small lamp that is on. IT is quiet. Dim. warm. The room is clean. And accessorised in dolls. I am looking at the crib, almost white. Empty. And the closet behind it is shut. Two doors and shutters all down. The door to the right is fake wood. THe handle is brass looking. That is my second anchor. I move into it. There are scratches on the handle. It is smoothe and round. sweaty to touch. The center has a key hole you can lock and unlocks with your nail.  and now I wipe it away.

I like exploring from different anchor points and different places in the room. The connection feels deeper and more dimensional. I have been finding myself more open every day. Connected to my senses. I get these memories triggered by sounds or smells and I have been pausing and breathing to them. Getting a sense of that frame. A feeling. Just touching this surface of work I am starting to remember things I haven't touched in years. Grateful for the class.
Jonmenick

CLASS RECAP 6/23 Empty Re: CLASS RECAP 6/23

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 am
Yeah, we are all grateful that you are in this class. As always, you lead by example.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum