Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
au1952j

Putting in my 2 senses Empty Putting in my 2 senses

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 pm
Well, everyone is so eloquent, I cannot hope to match the detail in most of these posts so I will be as simple as possible. First, the class on Monday, 6/22 where we ate different types of food was a revelation to me. The concept of sense/memory is not new to me but I never really experienced it until this past Monday. I was shocked to experience such floods of emotion and recollection that conjuring up past tastes and smells can illicit. However, the most amazing part of this exercise was that is was so visceral, that I have continued to carry it through me and around me since Monday. I suddenly started to be aware of the most mundane objects - like my stapler and how it sounds and feels, or my tape dispenser and the sound of the tape when I slowly tear it off, or the snoring of my semi-comatose boyfriend (just kidding - I only have an imaginary one this week). It is as it I have been walking though a set that has suddenly come alive - think of the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast when the inanimate objects come alive. And this awareness is connecting me with my childhood sensuality which was, sadly, lost along the path called life for a variety of reasons which I will not bore you with - yet. Anyway, feeling very Dali Lama right now as the smallest of beings and things has taken on an almost reverent meaning.

Second, the class on Wednesday was equally as enlightening because of a techo-glitch with my partner Geoff. Because I could not see him, I was able to watch everyone else do the exercise of pretending to handle and object and, as I shared in class, the obviousness of indicating was startling. I do not mean that in a critical way, I just mean that we learn through observation if we are willing to "see" and that is what I saw. Also, the exercise we did where we just look at something without thinking was equally as revealing. I "looked" at a small votive candle I have in a little glass holder and saw so many features of it when I got my chatty little mind out of the way that it was almost breathtaking . One thing I noticed was that I saw my bare toes through the reflection in the bottom of the glass holder which tickled me to no end. I never would have seen that with my usual way of looking at things. Such fun!
laurenrivas

Putting in my 2 senses Empty Re: Putting in my 2 senses

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:40 am
Jorja, you are the most DELIGHTFUL person I think I have ever 'met'!
Will you be my adopted Aunt or something?!?

xoxoxo

au1952j likes this post

Jonmenick

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:43 am
This was a delight to read. Such a thrill to witness someone wake up to their senses. Imagine what you have in store for yourself!

au1952j likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum