Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
joycewood

in MY  room Empty in MY room

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:35 pm
Diving deeper tonight -we’re going to move through a room and zoom in on something - this is in depth acting as we operate on several layers at the same time -things are working on me as I am taking in many layers -
we need to work on three levels - time, place, and objects -
we are in stage one as actors at this point simply saying the lines -
we need to develop stronger in-depth acting skills .
Again John is advising us -we don’t need to remember an event but get to a place in our memory and experience it
the mind produces flashes in pieces quickly and just because it’s trying to take us somewhere might not be where we want to go so we have to let it settle down
John knows that we may have anxiety in our stomach or nervousness
we may feel a sense of panic
I need to focus on time, place and objects when we're in our space and remove characters -let it become more sterile and start by broadening the space as far as we can see in our left and right peripheral
We will project our self in a relationship with the room and be unfocused once the mind has raced and settled down
Once we’ve settled on space we need to tap our right finger gently on the right side near our temple
it can even follow the rhythm of our monkey chatter and rattle until things settle and when we project we use our full arm and point out and keep the room frozen
if there’s sound we can hear it smell etc. and then will widen it
move left to right and sketch the images and paint the room
We want to discover things so don’t listen to cognitive side tell us we want
to land somewhere and mind won’t give us a place but little vignettes of her
it grows as it goes

tonight we will be able to move in our space, find objects which anchor us - after we paint it from left to right

To sketch the object -it is out of focus -from my point of view -we draw once painted left or right objects out of focus -we point at it slowly- move to it bring hand down and trace it on our right leg bring it to focus -driver will see don’t rush it
Choose a small object - I chose the window which I won’t do next time -important to stay with the space - things can slowly come into it and build this experience as it has stages -we're developing ability to project and OK if it’s not totally accurate -we have to see the difference in descriptions versus experience we are experiencing in our spaces
the goal is to get some thing that touches us on a visceral level -communicate in simple terms what I’m experiencing -Kaitlyn suggested using our sketching sound as noise tags so our minds don't get too wordy/analytical

When I started tapping my finger on my right temple and said I wonder what I see -a couple places started floating by -but the one I settled in was my bedroom in our new house -it was at the end of the house I and was in the doorway and things unfolded as I went through the room -I saw my twin bed in the corner
Moved around to the two windows and focused on the window facing the yard it was a small window with your cafĂ© curtain and a gold rod and then I saw the closet door cracked - and then my play piano appeared with a tiny little chair in front of it then some beginner sheet music -I don’t know what the music was - then I could see from that point of you, standing near the piano, the hallway and my brothers bed -room which was next to mine
When Jon asked us to stand behind our object I went outside in the yard and looked in the window - then when I was back in the room I noticed a bed ruffle and lifted up the ruffle and there was stuff under the bed -this was a sweet stream for me as I connected with my creative side because this was a time when I began playing the piano and dancing around the house - I LOVE to DANCE!!!! and LOVE music
As I watch TV now I see the spaces actors are streaming in and filling and get it!

Jonmenick

in MY  room Empty Re: in MY room

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:15 am
So happy that you are seeing moments filled. You can do it too.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum