Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

The more work I do.... Empty The more work I do....

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 pm
Monday's class has reinforced in me the understanding that I can do this work. I know this because I did the work Jon told me to do. The big difference is I trusted what I got. This applies to all the work we do when preparing to act. I found this work gets easier each time we do it. I have taking sense memory, and dramatic improv in the past. Jon is combining part of sense memory to dramatic improv. As he has said none of this is set in stone, he ebbs and flows as needed.

For class I picked a plastic container on my desk that has monitor cleaning cloths. It at first doesn't have a lot of definition, but it doesn't have to. K.I.S.S. is what I am getting at. As I worked with it, the details started coming out. Take your time with this, you can't go fast.

When we were doing the work in class, Jon had me do something with the object. I pulled out a wipe, and clean the monitor in front of me. As long as I stayed with the object, and focused on seeing the object. I could do the exercise. I could feel the object, and the pressure on the screen. The last time I took this I didn't get to this level.

Jon has told us that we would be using this most likely in ads, and animation. I can't wait.

Jon gave us homework. To go outside.

For the next three days;

Find a place in the sun.

Relax when you get there.

Yawn when you are there.

Stand there for 15 min's.

Take it all in. Atmosphere, sounds etc, etc.

madelaine446s@gmail.com likes this post

Jonmenick

The more work I do.... Empty Re: The more work I do....

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:05 pm
Yup, you are getting there.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum