Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
laurenrivas

rehash of what we should probably be working on Empty rehash of what we should probably be working on

Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:55 am
Study your icon in an interview setting. Be prepared to 'be her'/ 'be him' for the 30 seconds that you have studied, and ALSO be prepared to slip out of your re-creating the icon's interview, to being 'her' when Jon improvs with us, as HER or HIM who has be directly effected or has directly emerged out of the practice of pretending to be the icon for 30 seconds. Do not do the improv with Jon as the Icon, but as 'her'
I hope that makes sense.
(the concept of 'her' or 'him' took me a while to 'get' so I don't want to fuck anyone's brain up too bad. Call me if you are like wtf are you saying lauren. 828-808-6943.)

For the icon work, your 30 seconds should be them just talking a while. not a back and forth. cut out the back and forth for the re-creating of the 30 seconds. try really hard to find a good clip to use. don't build in an excuse for bad work. I need to say that again, to myself, do NOT build in an EXCUSE for bad work. if you only find 15 seconds, OKAY just nail those 15 seconds. and nail everything they do. every face twitch. every lilth of their voice etc -have you considered the setting/place and time/ and environment of WHERE the interview was taking place when it was filmed..........
THEN be prepared to simply be inspired by doing that, and answer questions in a back and forth type of 'interview' improv with Jon, without blocking your creativity by needing to be 'true to the icon' and allow yourself to just be a person inspired by that work, and simply SEE WHAT HAPPENS with no 'right' answer as a goal. The goal is to experience the experiment.

Someone who is -not exactly like you, and therefore an actual challenge to re create them, to impersonate them..but not SO out of your type/element/realm of possibility of actually getting an audition for that 'type'

A very good time to become friends with your mirror!

xoxoxoxo

Jonmenick

rehash of what we should probably be working on Empty Re: rehash of what we should probably be working on

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:08 am
I could not have said this better myself. Though this is Persona work, it is good for our actors to experience how technical becoming some is to achieve. We will get to this work as soon as I feel people can deal with place and environment.
au1952j

rehash of what we should probably be working on Empty Re: rehash of what we should probably be working on

Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:17 pm
Lauren - you are so adept at making an exercise come alive through your point of view. Thank you! :-)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum