Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Working with more than one ball. Empty Working with more than one ball.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:42 pm
Tuesdays class was more powerful than I thought. In the past Jon had done a form of this exercise. This was a big help for me. With this type of work, I have never done before. I still have some urges to get it right. I am working on it, but having that little bit of insight to this helped me stay relaxed for this. Jon did a great job setting this up.

He started by getting us relaxed, you can only do this work in that state. He asked us to go in to our first bedroom. This time unlike last time, only one image came. It was my bedroom in Florida. It took a few moments for the room to be still. What I found in interesting was I ended up in the corner looking out. As I was settling the image my peripheral vision was wide. When he wanted us to move in the room, as long as I stayed focus I could slowly move were he wanted us to. If I stopped focusing I would lose it.

I didn't get all of my senses in this exercise. I could feel the light from the window. When we harvested I started doing something Jon didn't want us to, I started describe the object I was working with. I should have just used descriptors. I could feel the object and it's shape. I will do better next time. Still though what I got from the room much less the experience as a hole is mind blowing.

As we were talking about the experience, I could go back to my room, and still work with it.

Something I posted in the other class was about what I have learned just from this block. It is the two T's, Time and Trust. I am starting to trust in myself, and it is paying off. In the past I would felt that I wasn't doing it right, and lost the hole goal of what Jon is teaching.

As Jon has said give yourself time, and something will come. I don't always know what it will be, but something will come.
Jonmenick

Working with more than one ball. Empty Re: Working with more than one ball.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:24 am
Allow yourself to be wrong in this work. I mean, we are learning to see an feel things from a totally new perspective. Allow judgement to fade away and just play.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum