Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Putting rubber to the road. Empty Putting rubber to the road.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:49 pm
Tonight we worked on combining the three parts of improv we have been learning over the last few weeks. Those being object, environment, and character. I love doing this type of work. I feel it is unlocking so much right in front of me. It ties into character from the stand point of if you know your character then you can play with it. You have to be able to do this for a director, or you are never going to work. For auditions this work will help make the atmosphere for the audition. Jon tells us to improv our way into the audition.

Tonight's class we had to bring a character to class. Many people used interviews from different actors. The work tonight looked good. Jon had us start by doing 30 seconds of the our character, then he gave us some notes, on what we need to change. Then we worked with Matt in a improv, Jon would give us the scenario with no time to "plan". This is a good way to tell if we really know the mind of the character. He didn't want us to do the character he wanted us to take the traits, and persona, and use them in the improv.

One of the first things we needed to do is establish our environment, that does not involved talking to do this. Their is any number of ways to do this. I did notice when people gave in, and started to "believe" in who they were the result was nice.

I used to be apprehensive when doing this because I felt I had to get it right 100%, like anything you have to learn to walk before you run.

Jon also pointed out some of the things we still need to work on to get better.

As we work on this it will be neat to see how far we can go.
Jonmenick

Putting rubber to the road. Empty Re: Putting rubber to the road.

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:39 am
I believe you are wrapping your head around this work. Now you need to learn to let go!
Chris Fuller

Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:47 pm
Working on it. Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum