Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Two lessons in one. Empty Two lessons in one.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 pm
Wednesday night we started working. Something Jon has to teach people who have never worked in this field is how to act. And no I don't mean how to be in character. I mean how the mechanics of working with directors, and other actors goes. Something you have to be able to do is ebb and flow with the improvising of the director. If you can't it shows you might not know the character or the scene. Bottom line they will send you home. I like when Jon directs me, I use it as a chance to get better, and get experience.

When we started working last night Jon gave us a set of instructions for the work. As we started people were having some problems following what we needed to do. When I went I made the mistake of using my left hand to tap on my temple. (I know Jon we are appose to use our right hand). At that point he would move on to the next pair. One of the things we need to do was get in sync with each other. Something else we should not be doing is planing, I think some people were getting hung up on doing it right. Jon just didn't want us to plan what we were doing. Planing looks like crap. As I have found out in the other class if you just give your mind a chance to clear something will come.

This exercise was about getting, and giving. You have to be able to connect with someone to get, and give.

One thing we found out Wednesday night that there are some limitations to Zoom. With Zoom their is a time delay. The best I have ever scene on Zoom for frame rate is 15 FPS. With how far the data has to travel, it made it almost impossible to get people in sync.

I did see when people did this that they could get to where they were in sync with each other. Something people were doing in picking up on the song the other was humming. That wasn't the point of the exercise, but it was nice to see what people were doing with the energy they were getting.

I remember Jon talking about the thin place. Geoff talked about it in class. There is a lot to take in with the 7 things he talked about. I will be working on them this block.

I didn't get to do the exercise after it was my turn, but I didn't mind, I still learn so much just being in class.
Jonmenick

Two lessons in one. Empty Re: Two lessons in one.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:45 am
You are such a good spirit. Onward we go.