Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mikeperlowski

6/29 Improv Empty 6/29 Improv

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:06 am
After a weekend of hitting a wall with the exercises I came out of Monday's class with a slight breakthrough as well as a problem identified, which is pretty much the best news I could hope for on this journey. During our first exercise we went through seeing and picking up our object, but with the added step of touching it to our cheek. I think this made it click for me a little better because I had to experience a side of the object that I had previously not considered because I was focused on the feeling of gripping the object. After doing this we reset ourselves and then, one at a time, interacted with our object which is where I ran into an issue. Because I had such trouble with parts of the homework I found myself using the time before I was called to get myself into the proper state. I do feel that I got to the right place but I ended up going a little too fast when it was actually my turn because I had been getting in the zone for several minutes already. While I do think I experienced a real thing I was very likely leaning into "thinking about it" territory instead of letting it come to me. To combat this going forward I'm going to try to identify when I'm doing this, and make an effort to distract myself. I need to feed a part of my brain that doesn't get fed often.

I had to leave a little early (and unfortunately I will miss tonight as well) but I copied this homework from Chris and Lauren's posts and will work on it this week.

Chris Fuller wrote:For the next three days;
Find a place in the sun.
Relax when you get there.
Yawn when you are there.
Stand there for 15 min's.
Take it all in. Atmosphere, sounds etc, etc.
Lauren Rivas wrote:What does it feel like/smell light/sound like/look like
What sensations hit your ears/skin/toes/etc
TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN, DAMN IT! Wink
Harvest on the environment. There should't be a thought harvest, as you should do this to get IN THE MOMENT.
The harvest should be what was happening to you/effecting your body IN THE MOMENT as in direct relation to your surroundings.
Jonmenick

6/29 Improv Empty Re: 6/29 Improv

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:04 pm
Will definitely miss your presence tonight.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum