Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mikeperlowski

7/6 Improv Empty 7/6 Improv

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:15 am
Outside of the lines you need to know and the marks you need to hit, acting is improv. When you're interacting with the world or characters, it is the first time that it has happened. Objects, Environment, and Who You Are are essential to any improv.

The primary focus of this class seemed to be recreating an environment and living in it. I didn't have a chance to go but when listening to other people I noticed myself moving too fast. As soon as two or three descriptions were thrown out there I found myself automatically filling in the rest of the world, and then I'd have to walk it back when the person who was describing it described something that wasn't there in my vision. For the exercise we were to get relaxed, soften our gaze and return to the practice environment, scan from left to right and describe what we see, take the time to feel and experience it, sketch what we see, and don't control what happens. Like usual one of my big blocks is thinking ahead instead of experiencing it. It's such a simple building block and I'll be able to break through it one of these days but it just wasn't happening on Monday.

"You don't need to lie, all the lies are given to you by the writers."
Jonmenick

7/6 Improv Empty Re: 7/6 Improv

Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:42 am
Great quote! Made me laugh! Relax your mind, let the senses lead. Wait!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum