Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mikeperlowski

7/29 Improv Empty 7/29 Improv

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:54 am
Despite crashing and burning in the first 30 seconds of my first attempt I really liked the exercises from this class. We started out in pairs and Person A had to show Person B how to do a task without speaking more than 20 words (which I found out was plenty by watching other people, but I blew through it using filler words). Before you can speak though you must establish place in clear way that the other person can guess, and then you need to perform your task clearly and slowly enough that the other person can mirror you almost exactly. This was definitely doable on zoom but would be really fun in person (maybe someday.....).

I have a note to "be specific and slow" which is very important for getting your partner on the same track. You have to actually live in a space to truly convey it, which I believe is the point of the phrase "showing, not indicating".

Also I realized as I typed this up that I forgot to post about Monday's class, sorry about that
au1952j

7/29 Improv Empty Re: 7/29 Improv

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:05 am
I really like your observation that you must really live in a space before you can convey it - that was the perfect summary of our work last week - thanks!
Jonmenick

Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am
Realized errors will turn into skilled practice.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum