Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

This is what improv should be... Empty This is what improv should be...

Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:14 pm
I had taking Improv last year. It taught me a lot about working a scene, and making it real to you. One thing it did not teach me was improving into a scene.

That last part is something that had been said to me in other classes from Jon. That alone has tied what he has been teaching us together perfectly. Dramatic improv in film and television is working your way into the scene so they can't even tell when your acting. It is something that makes sense in so many ways. You just can't start "acting" in a audition or a scene. It looks bad.

Jon started class with his 13 guidelines for improv. These rules make sense, I will write about them in my next post.

We have to establish the scene when we start, we do not need to talk our way though it. We don't have to achieve any thing. You want to keep it random, and not lock into anything.

It is easier to believe than not to.

Jon had us go in pairs for 90 seconds to do a improv for 90 seconds. I tried to work the scene with props. It didn't work. I talked to much, and didn't get anywhere with it. I have gotten better with these type of exercise's I knew I wasn't going to do it right, but that didn't bother me.

This is one of the tools we need to succeed in this world.
laurenrivas

This is what improv should be... Empty Re: This is what improv should be...

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:48 am
Happy to be back in class with ya, Chris Smile
Jonmenick

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:54 am
I love the way you learn. You are humble, not anxious and smart. I am honored to be your Mentor.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum