Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mikeperlowski

8-5 Improv Empty 8-5 Improv

Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:31 pm
Last week's class was a really fun experiment in actually listening to the meaning behind gibberish. We started out telling a collaborative ghost story totally in gibberish, where we needed to pay attention to words and their meanings (discerned by tone and emphasis and physical accompaniment). This was really fun to do but I think rather than have the entire class on the whole story it would be cool to break into 4+ person groups and let each person do 2-3 rounds, so that people really get in the swing of this new collaborative gibberish language. After that we did some dialect work in gibberish, both in a dialect chosen by Jon and then in a dialect we chose. For the one we got to choose we had to teach the class a sentence in this dialect and correct their mistakes.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the class tonight (8/10) because a leak at work destroyed a bunch of computers so I'll be stuck here for several more hours fixing stuff, but I really enjoyed this improv course and how it evolved over the weeks. I'll definitely be taking it again at some point and hopefully I'll be able to hit the ground running for round 2. Have a great class tonight and I hope to see you all in other classes!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum