Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Puma Daniel

Improv day 5! Empty Improv day 5!

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 pm
Hello everyone! Mondays improv class was really fun for me, and I even got excited about the homework assignment lol that's never happened to me before about ANY homework. Heres my take on what we went over:

We need to learn to build our muscles for continuity, and create a zone of concentration. Remember, the best acting is un-self conscious. you're inviting people to join you in the scene you're trying to create. Honestly when you think about it, acting isn't really acting, its just doing. We aren't trying to act out a part as much as we are actually trying to BECOME that part. That is how I see it, at least. the goal of our homework assignment is to have a primal, naked experience. Do this repeatedly IN THE SAME SPOT this time, and really listen and feel for everything around you. the hot sun on your face, or the wind blowing your hair. the feeling of sitting down on a lounge chair or patio... floating in a pool... you get it. I'm starting to think these exercises are actually putting me in a better mood, because it gives me the opportunity to slow down and breathe for a bit, you know, appreciate the earth around us. Learn to adjust our senses to a higher level of delicateness.

Anyways, Im excited to share my process of these feelings with you all once again! See you soon!

madelaine446s@gmail.com likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum